Keeping up with the 'gram

4.11.20159:30 AM

It's crazy to think how much society has changed in probably the last 5years. Everything has become so social media influenced,  and if you are not showing and living the flashiest ways on Facebook or instagram then you obviously are not doing anything right. The other day, I spent almost 2 hours just chilling on instagram and checking out the page of people that I didn't even know. The sad part of it all is, I sat there comparing what I was doing wrong. Why wasn't I able to go on vacation every month? why aren't I rocking the latest loubs? then it dawned on me my season is different from others.  It's so sad to think our biggest motivation is how many likes we are getting on instagram,  we thrive so much on the fact that if people don't like our pictures then something is wrong with it. But the reality is you don't know what that person had to do to get those red bottoms, or how they afford to go on vacation every month.  At the end of the day, I am healthy, I have food on my table, I have a stable job and I have family and friends that love me and support me. Yes I don't have the biggest house on the block,  or the biggest car. But I would much rather be content with my blessings coming in through the right door, than forcing doors to open that don't have my name on it.

No comments

Post a Comment