#Goals

7.31.20155:48 PM

I noticed a new trend the other day while doing my usual Instagram surfing, and that is how much of an envious generation we are lol. What I mean by that is, we are infatuated by people's lives on social media. I will be the first to say, I am also part of this list of people. Back to my story, so while surfing one of my followers page, I came across a very cute picture of she and her boo being the nosey person I am I started reading the comments and I ran across a comment that simply read #relationshipgoals, I was so confused when I saw that. Main reason one, I wasn't too sure what was the goal here, was it to have a cute picture such as this beautiful couple, or was it to to be this exact couple, but honestly I didn't get it. So it got me thinking, why is our generation so highly envious though. Why is a cute family picture of The Carter's (Beyoncé, Jay-z, and Blue Ivy) automatically what we are all striving for. Don't get me wrong they are a beautiful family, but if anything that the infamous elevator video taught me, is all that glitters isn't gold. I am not saying all these beautiful couples or families that post pictures of themselves on social media are just putting on a show for us, all I am saying is we don't know the behind the scenes. All we see is that beautiful minute on Instagram, but outside of that we all don't know their lives. So I think before we all start working towards those instagram goals, let's be real with ourselves and sort out our real life goals. The show on stage is always going to be better than the chaos backstage.

No comments

Post a Comment