2017 Goals and Expectations

MondayJanuary 09, 2017

Just like that we are already one week into 2017 time waits for no man honestly. The other day I was reflecting and just thinking of the new year, since this year started I have felt good about all that there is to come out of 2017, and so many ideas have been flying through my head in regard to goals and just things I have to accomplish. I have learnt to stop making new years' resolutions though because as we all know they never get accomplished. So instead for the new year I am setting goals that I can actually accomplish and making myself accountable for them as well. I thought I would share some of my goals for the year as well as the ways I intend of hold myself accountable.

  1. Having more me time, last year I was more focused on giving so much of myself to others I barely remembered myself though it all. Granted so much was going on last year from planning a wedding, to moving my entire life across country, but this year I have had a chance to settle down more into my new life, so I intend to take at least once a week out of the month to take of myself. Whether it be a day of manicures and pedicures or treating myself to a movie but just taking time alone for myself. Its very easy as a mom to give and completely forget all about ones self within it all.
  2. Being more present in my life, and learning to appreciate those moments as well. Thanks so much to social media and all that comes with it, I find myself more caught up in other people's lives and being lustful of what is going on in their lives rather than mine, so this year I intend to give myself a break. At the end of last year I started making sure that I started each day with prayer and reading my devotional instead of instantly grabbing for my phone and surfing social media. I did notice it would start my day on a different tune, so I intend to keep that practice up going into the new year. 
  3. I am going to be easier on myself this year, something I realized in 2016 is I tend to never really acknowledge the good things I actually accomplish but instead focus on the bad things instead. I am hard on myself as a mom, a wife, a friend, daughter, sibling pretty much every portion of my life. There have even been times when I would talk down on myself, just because I didn't complete something the way I intended to in my head. But this year I intend to focus more on the little wins I do accomplish. We live in a world where EVERYONE is already hard enough on us, why add on more by being hard on yourself as well. I intend of praise myself on every little win, no matter how little they are because at the end of the day little wins lead to bigger wins.
  4. Lastly I intend to be more about action rather than just words. There are so many things I have planned out for may 2 or 3 years now that have just stay a plan, but no real action has been put to it. So this year that will change, I intend to accomplish things rather than just continue to add them to my to-do list. 

Planner purchased from TJ Maxx

With all these being said, clearly these won't be so easy to accomplish but one way I intend to keep myself accountable to with my daily planner where I will document out my days goals and make sure I am checking them off the list, Also this blog will be my accountability partner because I intend to use this space to document my hits and misses. I am so ready to tackle 2017 and make it one of my best years yet. What are some goals you all have set out for 2017?

No comments

Post a Comment